Disclosure: I am an Orange Naturals ambassador. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are those of my own.

The holidays is a time of indulgence. Well… For me it is! I am a huge sucker for all the treats and festive holiday drinks. It is probably the time of year that I struggle most with remaining accountable while trying to consume a balanced diet.

The truth is with all the yummy treats, holidays dinners and sugar-filled drinks comes a price… The high calories and more than likely some digestive issues.

So how do you balance it all?

I like to practice an 80:20 diet. 80% of the time I try to focus on eating whole and minimally processed foods, fruits, veggies and lean proteins. While the other 20% of the time, I will let myself indulge in those festive treats. In addition to maintain an active workout routine!

Additionally, I also like to keep these three tinctures in my medicine cabinet for those times of indulgence or for use before or after a big meal to help aid in digestion:

Digestive Enzymes. This is great to take before a big meal or even a meal you know may be harder for you to digest. It helps with the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbs improving overall digestion!

Peppermint Tincture. Keep this one in your purse! Awesome addition to some hot water after
that big holiday meal and so wonderfully seasonal too! Relieves cramping and bloating and
heartburn too.

Digestion Tincture.  This tincture is a potent blend of botanicals that help you fight that postmeal bloat, improve digestion and help you feel good enough to eat a little dessert.

Additionally, did you know that ginger is also good for digestion? It is! Ginger is a common folk treatment for stomach upset and nausea. It can help aid in digestion while reducing bloating and other symptoms of gastrointestinal distress.

If you are a huge lover of gingerbread cookies, I encourage you to skip the sweets and whip up this Gingerbread Protein Shake. A delicious treat that is full of nutrient dense protein that will leave you feeling satisfied and your gut happy!

Gingerbread Protein Shake Recipe

Gingerbread Protein Shake Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 scoops Orange Naturals Chocolate ND Shake
  • 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • handful of ice

Directions

  1. Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
  2. Serve immediately.

Gingerbread Protein Shake Recipe

If you like this festive protein shake, you may also enjoy this recipe for a Peppermint Mocha Protein Shake.

Stay in the Know!

Orange Naturals has an awesome newsletter full of health tips, tricks, recipes, and of course, real people! Just like you! Sign-up to stay in the know!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *