Pumpkin spice season may now be a thing of the past in most major coffee shops with the focus now may have shifted to all things jolly and peppermint. This doesn’t mean that we still can’t delve into the world of all things pumpkin from the comfort of home. Fall doesn’t even end until December 21.
Sooooo with that said….
It’s time to break out cozy sweaters and embrace reading a good book while snuggled up by the fire, sipping a hot cup of coffee. Why not spruce up that hot coffee by infusing it with a pop of flavour from a popular Fall delight — pumpkin spice.
If you are still riding high on the pumpkin spice bandwagon – like I am – you will just love my recipe for pumpkin spice simple syrup! A syrup that goes great in a cup of coffee with steamed milk, hot chocolate or even drizzled over vanilla bean ice cream!
‘Tis the season to pumpkin all the things!
Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- In sauce pan over medium heat, warm water and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices to the simple syrup. Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove pumpkin spice simple syrup from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Strain the simple syrup into another pot using a cheesecloth and mesh strainer.
- Store the simple syrup in a mason jar in the fridge.
** My recipe for Pumpkin Pie Simple Syrup was first featured on Handwritten Kitchen in 2015.