I have had this Chicken Pot Pie recipe sitting in the queue for over 6 months, awaiting the most opportune time to post it.
Being that today is Pi Day, I think it makes perfect sense that I finally share the recipe with you. Don’t you?!?
The blog has been a little quieter over the last little while, and it has been with great reason. I made a promise to myself that I would spend a lot more time being present during my child’s first year. Being that I work from home, I wasn’t able to take maternity leave, but I pulled myself back a lot and more recently so. I wanted to be able to provide my littlest guy my full attention. Heaven knows – how quickly the first year goes by. It is like you blink and the year is up!
The little mister turned one a few weeks ago – I still can’t believe it – and I am starting to get back to the grind. I am glad that I took the past few weeks to just enjoying being more present and offline. It helped me regroup and refocus, which has left me feeling more inspired and I cannot wait to see what is in store for the remainder of this year. It’s going to be a good one!
For now – I will leave you with this great recipe that my family has been begging me to make again and again!
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is the stuff dreams are made of. Creamy, flavourful – a dish to be desired! Go ahead – and dive into this pie dish of comfort! You won’t regret it!
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots or 16 baby carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, rinsed under cold water (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup unsalted buttee
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese (you could sub with 1/4 cup milk – although I highly suggest you use the cream cheese)
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4.tsp black pepper
- 2 premade frozen pie shells, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until fragranf, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining vegetables to pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt, pepper and dried parsley. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir to ensure vegetables are evenlt coated.
- Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth. Simmer until mixture starts to thicken.
- Once thickened remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add cooked and shredded chicken breast. Stir well.
- Transfer to pie shell that is placed on a baking sheet. Use second pie shell to cover the filling. Use a fork to seal the edges of the pie shell. As well as poke a few holes into top of shell to act as vents.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 35 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Love a good pie recipe? Check out these great recipes for Strawberry Pie, Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie and Best Ever Classic Apple Pie.