Next to Spring, I always look forward to Summer. It’s a time to flaunt all those chic summer dresses, own the flip flops, sit on patios enjoying delicious bevvies and appetizers in the company of those you love most.
For me I have always found Summer to be a time when I have struggled to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle. I don’t find guilt in this though. I try my best to fit in at minimum three 30 minute workouts a week, as well as try to maintain healthy eating habits. I follow an 80/20 rule.
With Summer here, now is the perfect time to start getting ready to look and feel your summer best! This does not have to be a daunting task; all it takes are small steps to live a long and healthier lifestyle.
Canadians looking to improve their health can start their day off right with psyllium fibre.
Psyllium fibre, the naturally sourced dietary fibre found in Metamucil powder, has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. In fact, it can provide multi-health benefits, such as helping to lower cholesterol to promote heart health* and can temporarily suppress your appetite, when taken prior to a meal.**
Get your daily fibre intake with these easy tips:
- Get a boost of fibre in the morning with Metamucil’s Bombshell Berry Blast smoothie. A healthy diet includes 25-38 grams of fibre a day, and this delicious summer quencher has 16g of fibre and 22g of protein to kick start your day!
- Play with sweet and tangy flavours: Challenge your taste buds with this unique combination of summer ingredients and try this Citrus Spritzer.
- Take your Meta to go: Whether you are in between meetings or leaving the gym, a Meta Fibre Bar is the perfect way to ensure that you’re meeting your daily fibre intake needs!
Want to make the above mentioned recipes? Here are the recipes for you, so you can bookmark them for later!
Bombshell Berry Blast
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried goji berries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened soy milk or skim milk
- 1 level teaspoon Metamucil® Berry Burst with 75% Less Sugar or Original Smooth
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
Blend blueberries, raspberries, gogi berries, flaxseed, yogurt, milk and Metamucil® with ice in blender until smooth.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sparkling water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened orange or grapefruit juice
- 2 level tsps (10 mL) Metamucil Sugar Free Original Smooth or Metamucil Sugar Free Orange Flavour Smooth
- 1 lime or lemon wedge
- 1 orange, wedge
- 2 fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- Natural sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Stir together water, juice and Metamucil.
- Squeeze in lemon and orange wedges and add to glass.
- Stir in mint and natural sweetener, if using.
*Lowers mildly to moderately elevated cholesterol levels when taken with a low fat diet.
** For Adults Only: To achieve this new benefit, use two servings of Metamucil® in 240 mL of cool liquid with meals, up to 3 times daily. For occasional use only.
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.