With the long weekend upon us, it has me thinking about all things to do with snacking. Yes, I tend to be one that loves to let loose on the Summer weekends and overindulge. But – hey we all deserve a little break from being accountable all the time, right?!
A product I have been dying to try for quite some time is Philadelphia Creamy Cheddar Cream Cheese. In fact, Kraft Canada has a whole page dedicated to Philly Creamy Cheddar Cream Cheese Snacking recipes that are absolutely drool-worthy.
Some of the recipes that really stood out were the Layered Dip in a Cup, Caramelized Onion, Apple and Creamy Cheddar Crostini and Cheesy Refried Bean Dip.
All that aside, there was one recipe that took the cake. A recipe for a creamy, cheesy, smoky dip! A dip that would leave you coming back for more. It was one of those recipes that if you brought it to a party or a Summer BBQ that guests would be asking you for the recipe. I decided to take that recipe and infuse with another summer favourite of mine… beer!
Today, I am sharing with you my recipe for Creamy Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip. It’s a spin on the recipe featured on Kraft Canada, but one that I think gives the dip a little bit more flavour, and who doesn’t want their taste buds tantalized by a great tasting dish?!
Creamy Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip Recipe
- 1 (8oz) container of Philadelphia Creamy Cheddar Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 slices of bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 2/3 cup beer
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced OR 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of hot sauce (about 1/4 tsp) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix, Philly Creamy Cheddar Cream Cheese, garlic, Miracle Whip and hot sauce. Set aside.
- In a skillet cook bacon over medium heat. Set aside, but don’t discard bacon grease.
- Add onions to pan and cook until translucent.
- Coat onions with 2 tsp of flour, and stir in beer. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add cream cheese contents to pan, and combine until melted. Stir in half of the bacon.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a baking dish that has been coated lightly in cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven top with the remaining bacon, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh raw veggies, buttery crackers, corn tortilla chips or fried pitas.
This recipe has been adapted from the version featured on Kraft Canada.
Love a good dip recipe? Check out our recipes for:
Kelsey’s Copycat 4-Cheese Spinach Dip
Disclosure: I am a KraftHeinz Canada ambassador. As a part of my participation in this program I do receive special perks, products and compensation. All opinions are those of my own.