The days where dinner just seems to prepare itself are some of my favourite. Just the other morning, I whipped up my Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup recipe.
I got all the ingredients assembled in the crock pot in the morning, set it for 7 hours, walked away and came home to find a delicious, heartwarming meal at the end of the day! Those dinners are simply the best, aren’t they?!
Meals that require minimal prep from you and cook themselves without the need of you having to slave over the stove… What could be better?!
Not only that, I love that my Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup recipe is kid-friendly. It is pretty much one of the few guaranteed ways to ensure that my kids will willingly eat their veggies, but not only that they will devour their first bowl and head back for second helpings! Meals that go over that well with them speak wonders!
Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- 1lb Stewing Beef, cut into bite size cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 small white onions, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 4 cloves, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup barley
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 900ml box of low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all of your ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Serve with a side salad and/or crusty loaf of bread.
If you love soup, you may also enjoy these recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stoup
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Hearty Hamburger Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Turkey Cowboy Soup
Slow Cooker Taco Soup