If you have ever wondered what happiness on a plate looks like, this is it…
Vegetable Lo Mein.
A dish that incorporates all of my favourites… vegetables, a touch of spice and pasta. What more could a girl possibly ask for?!?
Seriously, this meal is this pregnant girl’s dream! I could eat this dish all damn day and not tire of it! Plus, the added bonus is that by making it at home I am saving a buck! Home-cooked meals are always a hundred times better too. Well, at least I like to think so!
If you are hankering for some Chinese food, skip the takeout and whip up this dish! Trust me when I say you will love it!
Quick and Easy Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
- 1/2 of a 454g box of spaghetti
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp and 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp sriracha sauce (or you can cut this back to 1/4 or 1/2 tsp depending on how much heat you like)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add all veggies except the spinach. Sauté veggies to desired tenderness over medium heat. About 5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, in a small bowl combine the ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha sauce and 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Once your veggies have been cooked to your desired tenderness, add spinach. Continue to cook about 3 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Stir in spaghetti noodles to the pan of veggies and pour in the sauce. Mix well to evenly coat.
* This recipe is an adapted version of the recipe featured on Damn Delicious.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy our recipes for:
Chicken and Shrimp Spicy Singapore Noodles
Spicy Shrimp Thai Noodles
Chicken Fried Rice
Chinese Chicken Curry