Remember how I told you about those cravings? Well, this recipe is result of another craving. This time it was sparked by Selena from The Dip Diva Dishes.
You see I found myself browsing Facebook one morning around 5AM when I came across a post on Selena’s personal Facebook page boasting about how she just made several quiches and cupcakes. One would only assume that the cupcakes would have been what sparked the cravings.
The mention of quiches did.
Did I not have a similar quiche craving when I was pregnant with Everly? Yep, I did.
The day wound up being one that was quite chaotic. I woke up wearing my finest pair of cranky pants. My children were in quite the mood, and I felt like a broken record:
“Don’t touch each other. Don’t look at each other. Don’t talk to each other.”
I was so anxious for the school drop-off, so I could get that much needed break and rush home to make my quiche. Rather my toddler had other plans, she passed out on the way home. Knowing that she won’t transfer for anyone, but my husband, I found myself stopping at the local coffee drive-thru and going on a two-hour drive through the countryside. Yep, that day she decided to take the longest nap ever.
Once we finally arrived home, I got to making my Crustless Spinach & Mushroom Quiche. Cue the happy dance. All the while I had my toddler tugging at my leggings. That didn’t matter though. My quiche was being made! Finally.
Crustless Spinach & Mushroom Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced and quartered
- 100g frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and pat dry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- A couple dashes of Clubhouse Onion Powder Plus (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Sautee onion and mushrooms until aromatic. Approx. 3-4 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, spices, spinach, mushrooms, onion and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into a greased round baking dish or pie pan. Bake for 30 minutes.