Winter may be on it’s way out, but that doesn’t mean that scrumptious comfort dishes, like Beef Stew, have to be given the boot too.
Stew is one of those meals that can seem fairly daunting to prepare. When in actual fact, they are quite easy to whip up. Whether you prepare them in your slow cooker or on your stove top, you are sure to serve up a dish that will tantalize your family’s taste buds.
Seriously Simple Beef Stew
(Adapted from Kraft Canada)
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 3/4 BULLSEYE Guinness Barbecue Sauce
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 of a large sweet onion, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few dashes of ground thyme
- Coat the stewing beef in flour.
- Add beef to dutch pan with broth and barbecue sauce. Bring to boil and cover. Simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the dutch pan; stir. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve.
Have leftover turkey or chicken on hand. Try substituting the stewing beef with poultry and the beef broth with chicken stock. This would be perfect for using up leftovers from Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter dinners.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. As a part of my affiliation with this group, I receive special perks and compensation. All opinions are those of my own.