8 days until Christmas Eve! Can you believe it?
The next week is going to be sheer hustle for me. Wrapping presents, preparing edible gifts and trying to find time to just sit back to enjoy all that Christmas has to offer.
I am not sure which day I am looking forward to more. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Christmas Eve is just as important to my little family, and I hold the time we spend together on that day each year close to my heart.
Christmas Eve usually finds us enjoying a late lunch at our favourite local restuarant. After lunch, we head home and open our tree gifts. Christmas PJs. We get snug in our new jammies. Snap an annual Christmas Eve family photo by the tree, and cozy up on the couch to watch Miracle on 34th Street while we track Santa via NORAD. After the movie has finished, we prepare Santa his festive snack. Usually a big plate of Kris Kringle cookies with a side of beer. Yes, beer. My kids seem to think that Santa would enjoy a big ol’ pint glass of brewski over milk. Don’t judge.
My kids will usually leave a little treat for Santa’s elves and the reindeer too.
(Adapted from Kraft Canada)
- 4 bricks of Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter
- 8 cups of square rice puff cereal
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave on medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove and give a good stir to melt chocolate into peanut butter until fully blended.
- Add cereal to bowl and mix until cereal is evenly coated.
- Add icing sugar to a large Ziploc freezer bag, spoon in the cereal, seal and shake until the cereal is evenly coated in icing sugar.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. As a part of my affiliation with this group, I receive special perks and compensation. All opinions are those of my own.