In a recent post, I asked parents what advice they would offer expectant mothers. Here are some of the answers…
- “Everyone is going to give you their advice, even if you don’t ask. Don’t be offended. Some of it may help, and the rest can just be forgotten.” – Danielle T
- “Enjoy all the snuggles you can get. Who cares about all the day to day mundane things , babies need all the attention they can get from their momma’s (or prime caregiver). Also don`t let others tell you what your or your little ones needs . It is an experience between you both and you both alone.” – Carey H
- “I would tell her to take just five or ten minutes each day to write in a journal. It’s a great way to record memories but also helps clear your mind so you can sleep better.” – Jonnie
- “I would tell her to be in the moment. Each stage only lasts so long, so take it for what it is and try to enjoy it rather than wishing it away. A couple of nights I was stressed out about getting no sleep, sitting up in the nursery in the middle of the night wishing for the time that my baby would sleep through the night. And then it occurred to me that one day I would not be able to nurse and hold my baby as much, and I suddenly became appreciative of the quiet one on one time. Not only did it take the stress out of the experience, I actually started to enjoy the middle of the night feedings. And sure enough, after only a short time they were done. So I am soooo glad that I took the opportunity to enjoy them while they lasted, rather than letting them stress me out.” – Jennifer P
- “No-one else has it together either, they just look like they do. Don’t compare yourself to other moms, we are all doing the best we can to stay afloat!” – Rene
- “Relax, you’re not going to be perfect, so don’t beat yourself up too much when you’re not.” – Kristi R
- “Stock up the freezer in advance. Pretend it’s your own personal bunker…which it is, really!” – Sunshine G
- “I would tell her, take it day by day. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and most importantly don’t be afraid to ask for help.” – Darlene S
In August, Walmart Canada and P&G began sponsoring a series of prenatal programs in hospitals and community centres countrywide by providing soon-to-be parents with special gift bags with Pampers product. The reusable Walmart gift bags include a package of Pampers Swaddlers, the number one choice of Canadian parents for newborns*, a sample of Pampers wipes and an educational pamphlet. This program will reach 55,000 new moms from coast to coast, providing helpful tips on everything from how to secure a car seat to birth plans.
One of Domesticated Momma’s lucky readers will have the chance to win this awesome prenatal prize pack. The prize pack includes:
- $50 gift card to Walmart Canada
- Pampers Swaddlers Newborn
- Sample of Pampers wipes
- Educational pamphlet courtesy of Pampers & Walmart Canada
- Reusable bag from Pampers & Walmart Canada
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada. Please note giveaways are only open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec, and will not be sent out of the country.
The giveaway ends on October 30, 2013 at 12AM EST.