1. Be Patient. No child has ever gone away to college and not been potty trained. Don’t force the issue just because everyone you know around you with a child the same age as yours is potty trained. Your child WILL train when THEY are ready. Pressuring them is only going to cause setbacks.
2. Don’t Set Schedules. Whatever you do don’t schedule when your child has to pee. Let them discover it for themselves. On the first day of potty training we visited the potty every hour or so. We slowly moved away from this as each day passed. It’s important that your child learns to listen to their body to discover and understand when it’s time to go potty.
3. Accidents WILL happen. Your child will have accidents. Period.
4. Stock up on cleaners. See above.
5. DON’T Stress. Stress won’t help anyone. Potty training sure can be a frustrating time for Mom and Dad, but it’s an equally as (if not a more) trying time for your child. Be there for them. Reassure them. You’ll get through this together.
Recently Pampers launched a handful of videos featuring real Moms sharing their real experiences from a baby’s first Swaddlers to a toddler’s potty training journey in Easy Ups. I encourage you to browse through these videos! I’m sure you will find you have many chuckles or a-ha moments like I did! Being a Mom, I could truly relate to the wisdom of these Moms.
- Stacey Kazmir and her little guy Lucas as she shares tips for new moms.
- Sarah Lynn has a blast as she plays and explores with her little girl, Hannah.
- Take the potty training journey can be challenging, but Tammy Mitchell and her active two-year-old son, Oakley seem to have it under control!
- Rachel Cleland joins 500,000 Canadian parents in the Pampers Village community.
In celebration of the launch of these Pampers Advice from Real Moms videos starring fellow P&G Mom’s, we have a huge Pampers Family Prize Pack to giveaway to one lucky Domesticated Momma reader.
The Pampers Family Prize Pack ($110 value) includes:
- Swaddlers (newborn size N)
- Cruisers (size 4)
- Easy-Ups (boys & girls size 3/4)
- A Pampers reward from Gifts to Grow – 2 HBC onesies (size 0-3m & 3-6m)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: By entering the following contest, you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.
Please note: This giveaway is open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec, and will not be sent out of the country.