This morning I noticed that my bananas were close to being overripe. Rather than throwing them in the compost bin, I decided to try my hand at making some Banana Oatmeal Muffins. I had been craving oatmeal all morning, but didn’t want to have the same old, boring quick oats. So that’s when these two worlds collided: bananas and oatmeal.
Now I know that there are tons of Banana Oatmeal Muffin recipes circulating on the internet. However, I think that these muffins were to die for. Heck my two-year old son who turns his nose up at every meal, and would rather drink a bottle of milk has devoured many of these muffins today. That has got to tell you something!
This recipe is very easy to throw together. This recipe would also be perfectly okay to freeze, and save for later. When I was pregnant I stockpiled my freezer with muffins. This gave me the leeway to easily grab a snack when my wee bundle arrived. Let’s face it time is of the essence when you are a new parent.
So without further ado I give to you…
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
1 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 bananas (mashed)
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large egg
1 cup quick oats
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas. Add in yogurt, egg, olive oil and quick oats. Mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Line a 12-tin muffin tray, and spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.