I’m sure many parents with a newborn or children have heard of the 5 S’s approach to calming your baby. The 5 S’s are:
- side/stomach position
I heavily turned to the 5 S’s when Cameron was a newborn through to 9 months of age. He suffered from severe GERD and was always in pain or discomfort. He was a very fussy baby and always needed to be held or soothed. The few calming techniques that worked were breastfeeding (albeit he’d then projectile it all back over me), shushing, rocking and the swing.
The swing was something we used for hours on end, daily. I’m not joking. It was a way to comfort Cameron, but it also allowed me to the opportunity to have a wee bit of space to shower, clean up or cook dinner. The only other place you’d find him sleeping would be my arms. Let’s face it — sleeping in my arms all the time just wasn’t practical!
Only we had one problem…
The infant swing was battery operated. With how heavily we relied on the swing… we were going through batteries like they were going out of style. Batteries ain’t cheap, y’know!!
Recently, we had the chance to try out the Fisher Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing. I loved it from the moment I picked it up to bring it home. The package sold me the moment I saw it. The packaging it comes in is not at all bulky and the swing was very easy to put together. It helped that the instruction manual was to the T and did not skim over any crucial steps. Heck, I put it together without my hubby… that’s gotta say something!!
Check out the swing… Isn’t she a beauty!?
I surely think so!!
The swing is far from an eyesore. It can easily blend in to the family room of any household. The colours are neutral and the swing while large doesn’t consume too much living space.
Some of my favorite features of the My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing were:
- The soft plush fabric of the cradle seat.
- The mirror on the mobile. It allows baby to see their own reflection. Stimulating and engaging baby.
- You are able to manually adjust the position of the swing. The swing can be adjusted to sideways (left or right) or forward facing positions. Handy feature if baby loves to keep their eyes on Mom!
- The swing has a plug-in option. No more wasting endless amounts of money on batteries!
- The swing is fairly quiet while in motion.
- The swing features many different speed levels, so you can control how fast or slow it moves.
- The swing features soothing music. Perfect for calming your little one and creating a sense of security. White noise was always a plus with our little one!
I can’t think of one thing that I didn’t love about the My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing. This is one product I can’t wait to use if we do happen to have another little bundle down the road. It’d be a life and sanity saver for sure!!!
Fisher-Price recently won the PTPA seal of approval for the My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing! Congratulations!!
Disclosure: I’m a PTPA blogaholic and I received the above-mentioned product for review. All opinions expressed are those of my own.