It has been quite some time since I last posted a recipe on here, so I figure it is time to keep up with my previous trend. Tonight I made the hubs and I a yummy Beef Stroganoff dish. The dish itself is very easy to make, and it doesn’t take much time. Which given our lifestyle quick, affordable meals are a bonus! Who wouldn’t agree.
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Break up ground meat into a large skillet, and add onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and beef broth. Stir into beef mixture, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not stir too much.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain. Serve sauce over hot noodles.