There is no denying that I love to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The problem with that being that I don’t necessarily have all the time available to be preparing gourmet meals that require a lot of prep work. Of course I would love to be able to make sauces from scratch, homemade pasta and all that other good stuff all the time. The reality is… I just can’t.
As a Mom of 4 life can be busy. Very busy. Especially when weeknight evenings come into play. Between school pick-up, homework and sports practice finding time to make dinner can almost seem near impossible.
This is why I love sauces like Classico. They are a pantry staple in my home. More recently I have really taken to the RISERVA by Classico recipes. This line features an Arrabbiata sauce that is to die for!
If you have ever made a homemade version of Arrabbiata sauce you definitely won’t be disappointed by the premade one featured in the RISERVA line by Classico. Trust me! With the help of a few extra spices I find you can really make the sauce your own, and a quick and easy meal the family will surely love.
Penne Arrabbiata Recipe
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 375 g Mild Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed (approx. 6 links)
- 1 (375g) box Penne
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 650ml Classico Riserva Arrabbiata
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (helps to neutralize the acidity of the tomatoes)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add chopped onion, garlic and red peppers to deep skillet with turkey sausage. Break apart the ground sausage, and cook through over medium-low heat. About 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to skillet. Continue to cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat. Add sauce and spices. Stir and reduce to a slow simmer. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the pasta is simmering, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add spinach to sauce and stir until wilted. Add pasta and stir until well combined.
- Serve alongside salad or crusty bread.
** This recipe was inspired by the Spicy Tomato Pasta with Chicken, Spinach and Mushrooms that was featured on Kraft Canada.
If you like recipes like this one, you may also love our recipe for One Pan Penne Pasta Skillet.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada contributor. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are those of my own.