2017 is just days away! Can you believe it?!?
I feel like 2016 has passed us by so quickly. When I look back on the year, it is a blur really! A year that had many great moments, but also some not-so-great. I am sure many feel that 2016 will go down as the year that many do not want to speak of in the future. Am I right or am I right?!
Luckily for me, 2016 was a year that I welcomed m 4th child. A child that was nothing more than a miracle. Why?! Because I had health issues that should have prevented me from being able to get pregnant. Well – we surely learned that you should never count yourself out! Oakley was quite the little miracle!
With that being said, I am looking forward to the future, and I cannot wait to spend New Years Day celebrating with my family! A time for new beginnings.
What better way to kick off the New Year than with a scrumptious and savoury breakfast casserole! My family has enjoyed my Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole many times over the past few years and they absolutely love it. It gives me no doubt that you will enjoy it too!
Sausage & Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 (900g) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, diced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and ground pork. Brown over medium low heat until cooked through and onions are translucent. Drain off excess fat.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add eggs, spices and milk. Whip until well mixed. Set aside.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Add hash browns. Pour egg mixture over hash browns. Top off with sausages and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover casserole dish with foil.
- Bake 55 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10 to 15 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Love a good breakfast casserole? Check out this recipe for Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake.