If there is one thing I always use to look forward to after the holidays, it was receiving mason jars of my Nana’s freshly prepared soups to store in the freezer. She was the queen of making Hamburger Soup and turkey stock.
My Nana may no longer be on the earth side to continue with the tradition, but that doesn’t mean I can’t continue on with her tradition with my Just Like Nana’s Turkey Soup recipe.
This recipe is so easy to prepare. Simply making use of your freshly prepared turkey stock, and few other flavourful ingredients and spices. Leaving you with nothing more than a pot of deliciousness that will either stock your freezer for the months to come or fill your families bellies full of comfort and love.
Just Like Nana’s Turkey Soup Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 900ml low sodium chicken broth
- Turkey Stock (about 8 cups)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp basil paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 paprika
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 5 mini potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Add all ingredients to large soup pot. Bring to boil, and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until veggies have softened.
Looking for other ways to make turkey soup? Check out this recipe!