It has been a few years since I have thoroughly been able to indulge on Christmas.
You see for the past 3 years I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding. Not that, that is a bad thing. It just means that Christmas has been a tad bit different for me in that I haven’t been able to indulge in some of my favourite festive beverages.
One of those beverages I have taken to making a batch of each holiday season. Funny that because I started the tradition of making this beverage when I was pregnant with my 3rd. That’s right – I took to making my favourite festive alcoholic beverage when I was pregnant. No – I did not indulge. I just sat back and watched my husband gloat about how good my recipe was. Year… After year… After year…
That recipe being for none other than… Homemade Irish Cream.
If you love Irish Cream, you won’t want to wait! Head out to the store, pick up all the ingredients and get this Irish Cream made and chilling STAT! It is that good! Better than store-brand if you ask me.
Homemade Irish Cream Recipe
- 1 2/3 cup Bushmills Irish Whiskey, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- Add instant coffee granules, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup to blender.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream.
- Add chilled whiskey.
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into an air tight container and store in fridge.
- Shake before each use.
To avoid curdling ensure that you have chilled the whiskey, sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream for a few hours prior to making the Irish Cream. Do not over process the Irish Cream when blending. Anything over 30 seconds could cause the mixture to curdle.