Do you ever walk into a home and just wonder what that beautiful fragrance is?
That was exactly my husband this evening upon arriving home from work.
He arrived home and all he could think about was Christmas. The fragrance left him in a festive holiday trance, and he loved every second of it.
Usually I opt to buy store bought air fresheners. However, around the holidays I don’t find they suffice. I need something more. Something fresher that offers the warm, welcoming feel. For this reason, you will often find me flocking to my favourite homemade air freshener recipe.
I love this recipe because not only is it eco-friendly, but the longer you simmer it, the more your home will be left smelling of nothing more than sheer holiday spirit. What could be better than that? Nothing – I say!
Christmas Air Freshener Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 mandarin oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Fill a medium sized pot with water. Add in cranberries, orange and lemon slices, cinnamon sticks and vanilla extract.
- Bring to boil and reduce to a slow simmer.
- Slow simmer for as long as you wish, but just add more water to the pot as the liquid reduces.