‘Twas the days after Christmas and all through the house, no child was complaining, not even a spouse. The gifts were unwrapped and toys played with care, while parents reveled in the peace and quiet in the air… Well, that lasted 10 minutes.
Netflix understands it’s not long before the first “I’M BORED” escapes angelic children’s little lips. There is noting more challenging that finding ways to fill dozens of hours of downtime during Christmas break. That’s why, on December 23rd, Netflix and DreamWorks Animation will treat families to 13 hours of adventure, suspense and limitless imagination with the all-new series Trollhunters.
This epic saga isn’t your ordinary kids fare, as parents are just as likely to end up hooked. When the world of humans and trolls collide and an ordinary teenager is beckoned to save them both, parent and child alike will find themselves cheering on an unlikely yet lovable hero. With dozens of hours of unstructured time to fill until kids head back to school, DreamWorks Trollhunters has everyone at home covered with 26 cinematic episodes ripe for enjoyment.
Bring the magic of the troll realm to life with an Aargh approved gemstone candy recipe.
Hard Rock Candy Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 ¾ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid food coloring (your choice of color)
- Roll the edges of two 16 inch square pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle the foil very generously with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and boil until a candy thermometer reads 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon oil and food coloring. Pour onto the prepared foil, and allow to cool and harden. Crack into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Plus, a DIY sword and armour how-to guide perfect for the soon-to-be Trollhunters in your life.
Image Source: Shutterstock | Hard Rock Candy