Less than a week until Christmas! I can hardly believe it.
This week I find myself feeling the crunch. Between trying to wrap up year-end social campaigns, finalizing reports and invoices and managing to fulfill my “Santa” duties – you can bet I am one busy Momma! Did I mention – we are also dealing with a case of lice? Yup! Obviously life thought I could use one more to-do on my ever-growing list.
We have but one family Christmas get together left to go. So far we have had 4 Christmas dinners since November 26th. You could say we will be turkeyed out come December 31st.
For this reason, I have taken it upon myself to take the stress out of the holidays and rather have opted to go the route of pot luck for our Christmas Day shindig. My Mom has insisted that she pre-cook a turkey and the sides, and I will be covering off the appetizers and desserts.
As we all know, food is the star of any festive occasion. This holiday, President’s Choice® wants to inspire Canadians to re-imagine their holiday traditions all the way from feasts to gifts. With this in mind, I decided to re-imagine some of my own traditional holiday recipes with the help of exiting new products from this season’s PC® Insiders Collection™.
My apple crumble with receive a boost from the PC® Dulce de Leche Caramel Spread. A spread that also pairs well with PC® Hot Chocolate Single Serve Pods… Just stir in a spoonful or two of the spread for a delectable treat that all those who have a sweet tooth will love!
What I have had the most fun re-imagining is my appetizer recipes. Commonly you will find me serving anything from wings to chips or even dips prior to the big meal. What if I told you, you could amp up your wings and serve a boneless wing poutine as a fun appetizer at your holiday event! It is totally possible, and I am so excited to share my Too Good To Be Wings Buffalo Chicken Poutine recipe with you.
Too Good To Be Wings Buffalo Chicken Poutine
- 1 box PC® Too Good To Be Wings Chicken Poutine
- 1 bag PC® Strawberry Blonde Potatoes
- Poutine Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash your potatoes, and chip them using a potato chipper. Cook your homemade fries the way you usually would. I cook mine in the ActiFry with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for 40 minutes.
- Open the box of Too Good To Be Wings Chicken Poutine. Break apart the cheese curds and set aside on a plate to defrost. Place the frozen gravy packet in a bowl of hot water. In a small bowl, add a tablespoon or two of buffalo wing sauce. Toss your boneless wings in the sauce and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 24 to 26 minutes, turning once.
- While the wings are cooking, you can begin to warm your poutine sauce. Add the poutine gravy to a small pot, as well as a can of poutine sauce. Warm over medium low heat.
- To serve, plate fries first. Top with cheese curds and boneless chicken wings. Spoon the gravy over the fries and drizzle with ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce.
You could skip the fries and serve these Buffalo Chicken Poutine Bites just on their own or alongside PC Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Sriracha Shrimp.
Entertaining over the holidays? Be sure to hit up your local President’s Choice retailer to check out the latest PC® Insiders Collection.
Take a look at the new PC® Insiders Collection, and tell me what products catch your eye that you love to use to re-imagine one of your holiday recipes and spread. By completing the giveaway form below, you will be entered for your chance to win a $100 PC® gift card.
* This giveaway is open to residents of Canada only, excluding Quebec. Giveaway ends on January 8, 2017 at 11:59PM EST.