I hope everyone is enjoying their downtime with their families. I know I sure am! These past few days have amounted to nothing more than hanging out in PJs, watching movies, playing board games and eating delicious foods! What more good a gal ask for?
One of my favourite things to enjoy over the holidays is breakfast casseroles. They are great for the mornings when you want to sleep in. Not only that they are great for preparing the night before. I mean who wants the hassle of having to prepare breakfast in the morning.
One our our favourite breakfast casseroles is my Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake recipe. I always received rave reviews from my family whenever I dish this one up! Whether you make it over the holidays or just on an ordinary given day – it is sure to be a hit!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake Recipe
- 2 packages Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (8 per package) with Cream Cheese Icing
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter and spread into a 9×13 pan.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters and spread in bottom of 9×13 pan. Set cream cheese icing aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla extract with eggs. Mix well. Pour over cinnamon rolls.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt cream cheese icing for 15 seconds in microwave and drizzle over casserole a few minutes prior to serving.
In need of more brunch ideas? Check out this recipe for Crustless Spinach & Mushroom Quiche.