I often hear people telling me that they don’t know how I do it. How I manage to take care of the home, my family and plan out meals. The truth is from the outside I may make it look easy, but I’ll tell you my life can be complete and total chaos.
Having a large family with many young kids requires a lot of routine, structure and planning. My day is very much laid out, and if something happens to go awry, then I’m a mess.
The part of the day that I find most challenging is the dinner hour. It is a time when I am also trying to prepare school lunches, bounce the baby, help with homework while also trying to get food on the table for dinner.
I may not always have a plan for dinner, but I do always have a freezer full of chicken. So on those days when I just haven’t had a chance to stop and think, I will defrost a few chicken breasts and whip up a quick and easy baked chicken dish to serve with veggies or salad.
A favourite in our house is Oven Fried Chicken. It packs so much flavour, and is much healthier than your traditional fried chicken. I also find this dish very reminiscent of shake ‘n bake chicken. Please don’t tell me I am the only one who practically lived on shake ‘n bake during their childhood?! My Mom loved cooking with that stuff!
If you find yourself often struggling to come up with a quick and easy dinner to make on a weeknight, cook up this recipe! You’ll eliminate the stress of having to prepare a huge meal and be treated to a dish that is so flavour your family will deem you a weeknight dinner superhero!
Best Ever Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Club House Onion Plus
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, flour, garlic and spices.
- Transfer flour mixture to a large Ziploc bag, add chicken, seal and shake until chicken is well and evenly coated.
- Add 1/3 cup butter to 9×13 baking dish. Place in oven for a minute or until melted. Remove from oven and add chicken to dish. Return to oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove from oven, flip chicken over and return to oven for another 20 minutes.
Pair this dish with a delicious Creamy Pasta Salad and/or Cheddar Broccoli Salad.