We are back from our week away at the cottage, and slowly getting back into the daily grind.
As much as I loved being away with my family for some much needed down time, I have to say I am also super excited to be back home. I missed the routine. Not only that I missed sleeping in my own bed. Nothing beats the comfort of your head hitting your own pillow as you snuggle in for the night.
The week prior to heading away on vacation I made the mistake of not meal planning.
Oh, I’ll clear out the fridge and pantry of any key ingredients and get them used up before we head out of town for a week. That always seems like a great idea at the time.
However, when you are planning to do just that. Actually follow through and plan out what meals you will make with the ingredients you already have on hand. Otherwise, you will encounter the struggle, my friends.
Planning meals the week before vacation was like pulling teeth. It took way too much thought than necessary. Meals often wound up being quite simple. Not that simple is a bad thing. It would have been even better if the simple meals that were prepared didn’t take hours of standing in front of the fridge and pantry, hmming and hawing over what to make.
One of the meals I made that my husband and children fell in love with was a quick and easy Baked Lemon Chicken. It is a spin on the original recipe by Creme De La Crumb. Trust me when I say if you haven’t had lemon chicken before. You must try it! This dish bursts with flavour and is oh-so-juicy! It goes great when served alongside this Cauliflower “Potato” Salad.
Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp Club House Garlic Plus (optional, but I highly recommend)
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (nuke in microwave for 20 seconds to get the most juice out of your squeeze)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl combine broth, spices, garlic and lemon juice. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish and pour the lemon sauce over the chicken.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Flipping the breasts of chicken over every 10 minutes.
If you’re a chicken lover, you will definitely want to check out this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Stoup.