With the warmer temperatures here to stay for the next little while seldom will you find me in the kitchen. If I happen to be found in the kitchen is to simply prepare a quick marinade or to whip up a delicious Summer salad to pair with a freshly grilled meal.
The Summer months most definitely equate to the months where my time in the kitchen is minimal, and as much as I love to cook. I can attest to really loving the break. A break that allows me to relax with the family and enjoy more time outdoors. What could be better?!
A recipe that has been circulating within my family for many decades is our recipe for Creamy Pasta Salad. It is a recipe that my Great Grandmother introduced me to during one of my many stays with her over the Summer months during my childhood. A recipe that has stuck with me over the years. I may have tweaked it a bit over time, but the recipe is still very much the same. Maybe just a tad more flavourful!
This pasta salad is one that would be perfect to bring along to that next Summer barbecue or potluck. Or, if you are like my 7 year old daughter, you could just opt to enjoy it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s fair game. Take your pick! However and whenever you choose to enjoy this salad, you really can’t go wrong.
Best Ever Creamy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup relish
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, rinsed under warm water in sieve and thawed
- 1/3 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine Miracle Whip, relish, vegetables and seasonings. Mix well.
- Stir in pasta and chopped egg. Stir until well coated.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 3 hours before serving.
Love a pasta salad? You will also want to check out our recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad.