Something you won’t find me doing very often right now is cooking. And – it pains me! Seriously. I love being in the kitchen. Cooking is something I really enjoy. However the reality is I just don’t have time to fulfill that passion right now.
Quite often, I will leave dinner up to my husband, which will result in finger dialing. OR, I will wind up popping a pre-packaged frozen meal into the oven. It isn’t ideal, but it is what works and has helped eliminate some of the stress from my life while caring for a newborn, toddler and two school-aged children.
When I do find time to cook, the meals are planned well in advance and will often be meals that can either be thrown on the grill or dumped in the slow cooker. Simplicity is key!
A meal my family begs me to make often is meat sauce with pasta. They claim it is the best ever, but I will let you be the judge!
If you are looking for a new quick and easy meal to add to your dinner rotation, give this scrumptious and comforting pasta dish a whirl. You won’t be disappointed!
Best Ever Slow Cooker Meat Sauce with Pasta Recipe
- 1lb. extra lean ground beef
- 680ml jar of pasta sauce (I use Ragu with Mushrooms)
- 540ml can of Alymers Petit Diced Tomatoes with Cracked Pepper and Roasted Garlic
- 1 spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Club House Garlic Plus (or garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp Club House Onion Plus (or onion powder)
- Salt (to taste)
- A box of penne rigate (375g)
- In a frying pan, brown ground beef with onion. Cook until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain off the fat. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, except the pasta. Stir and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shortly before serving, cook pasta on stove top until al dente. Drain.
- Stir cooked pasta into pasta sauce until evenly coated. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also enjoy these quick and easy meals:
One Pot Beef Stroganoff
Seriously Simple Beef Stew
One Pot Penne Pasta Skillet