Something I often look for in a breakfast is one that is packed full of protein and fiber. Enough that it will get me through the morning without hunger pangs striking within an hour of eating.
My mornings are busy. Between school drop-offs, cleaning the house, running any necessary errands and finding time to workout… I don’t often have time to stop to grab a snack between breakfast and lunch. For this reason, I love my breakfasts to not only be healthy, but also a powerhouse of nutrition that drives my energy and fuels my day ahead.
I have been known to cook up a package of quinoa a week, which I will store in the fridge. I use the cooked quinoa in any lunches that I may throw together over the week, and sometimes serve it at breakfast too.
Did you know that just one cup of cooked quinoa is full of 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber? And, that is just some of the health benefits. It is no wonder that it is considered a super food!
So on those days when I feel like enjoying something other than my overnight oatmeal, I will often whip up a Quinoa and Yogurt Breakfast Bowl. Something different that is oh-so-nutritious!
Quinoa & Yogurt Breakfast Bowls Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (alternatively you could substitute with plain greek yogurt and 1/2 a tsp of vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup pitted dark sweet cherries
- Honey (sweeten to taste, optional)
- In a bowl, add your yogurt.
- Top with quinoa, chia seeds, fruits and a drizzle of honey (if adding).
- Give your bowl a stir and enjoy.
This would pair perfectly with a coconut oil coffee!
If this breakfast peaks your interest, you may also be interested in…
Egg & Quinoa Muffins
Apple Pie Breakfast Quinoa
Easy Chia Pudding