Family movie night is something I knew and loved during my childhood. My family would always host family movie night on Saturday’s and family game night on Sunday’s. I always look forward to this time that I would spend with my parents. You see, they led pretty busy lives back then… Between work and their many other commitments, it felt like we barely had time to come together and just enjoy each other’s company. So obviously, I was thrilled when it was suggested that we allocate Saturday and Sunday evenings as family night’s in.
Family night’s in always found us ordering our favourite takeout (usually pizza or Chinese food) and hitting up our favourite small town movie store to rent the latest flick. Our family night’s in were pretty low-key, but that was okay. At least we were spending time together.
(Image Source: Shutterstock | Family Movie Night)
Does your family like to enjoy family nights-in? If so, what do they usual entail?
Something we love to do with our children is have Netflix Family Movie Nights. 7 ways in which we make our family movie nights fun, include:
- Use an easel and make a “Now Showing” Sign.
- Print off some family movie night tickets using printables.
- Visit your local Bulk Food Store and stock up on some sweet treats. Set up a candy bar.
- Cook up some appetizers and some air-popped popcorn. You could even order in a pizza or something from your family’s favourite takeout joint.
- Arrange a sleepover and invite some friends to join in on the family’s evening.
- Set up camp on the living room floor. Blow up some air mattresses, grab some pillows and blankets, dim the lights and crank up the surround sound.
- Select a movie (or two) that the whole family will love! Why not even make the evening a family movie night marathon.
Some of our favourite family-friendly movies are:
For other movie night ideas, check out Netflix Canada.
I’ll tell you what I can’t wait to marathon soon with my children, though… Ahem… Fuller House!
Disclosure: I am a Netflix Canada Stream Team ambassador. All opinions are those of my own.