There are often days where I find myself not knowing what to prepare for dinner. I actively try to meal plan, but let’s be honest, I fall off that bandwagon often.
My meal plan each week is extremely loose, which happens to be convenient as this guarantees that my pantry is always packed with simple key ingredients. So on those days when I have just lost track of time or am unsure what to make, I am quickly able to easily pull something together on a whim.
One of my go-to dishes when this happens is often my recipe for Sloppy Joe Pasta. It is a skillet meal that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, and uses all the ingredients that your pantry would normally be stocked with.
This recipe is super kid-friendly. Hey, what’s not to love – sloppy joes and pasta in one dish?!? Pretty perfect combination, right?!
Sloppy Joe Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cup pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Club House Garlic Plus (if you don’t have access to that seasoning, garlic powder will suffice)
- 2 cups dry tri-colour vegetable rotini
- 1 cup old white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain once cooked and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, add the ground beef, garlic, pepper and onion to a skillet over medium low heat. Season meat with a couple dashes of salt and pepper. Cook until beef is brown, and veggies are tender and fragrant. Drain off fat.
- Add pasta sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Garlic Plus seasoning and salt and pepper to pan. Lower heat to low until pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked, stir it into the pan with sauce. Ensure it is evenly coated. Top with shredded cheese and cover until cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and / or salad.
30 minute weeknight meals are my favourite! If you love a quick and easy meal, you may also love these recipes:
One Pot Penne Pasta Skillet
One Pot Beef Stroganoff
Cheeseburger Chili Mac and Cheese
Saucy Beef Noodle Skillet