You know what makes me happy? 30 minute dinners! You know the ones that can be prepared in one pot requiring minimal prep and cooking time. The ones that allow me to juggle my toddler while also ensuring that dinner gets on the table without a hassle. Yes, those kinds of recipes.
When it comes to cooking dinner around my house, it can be a bit like trying to rummage your way through the jungle. You have children climbing up your legs and begging for your attention whilst you are simply trying to bring a pot of water to boil just so you can cook some pasta. Cooking is an adventure, and my house is a zoo! A zoo full of the young little munchkins that I love and need to be feed. Every. Damn. Day.
If this dinner situation is something that you can relate to, then you will want to add this recipe to your life. It’s my recipe for One Pot Beef Enchilada Pasta. It requires very few ingredients, one pot and can be cooked in 30 minutes. The bonus? You won’t even know you aren’t even enjoying the real thing! Okay – well, maybe you will, but at least your pasta will incorporate all those delicious enchilada flavours in a bowl of comfort.
One Pot Beef Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 750g jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups Penne Rigate
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 cup old white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic to skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain off fat.
- Add broth, pasta sauce, spices and pasta to pan. Cover and bring to a light simmer. Cover and cook for 18 to 20 minutes until pasta as reached desired doneness and the excess liquids have been absorbed. Be sure to stir occasionally. *If you find the liquid is cooking off too fast, you can always add a 1/2 cup more broth.
- Top with shred cheese and cover for 1-2 minutes over low heat until cheese has melted.
- Serve with salad and / or Italian loaf.
Love enchiladas? You will want to try these recipes for White Chicken Enchiladas and Beef Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce.