There is just something about that cooler months that makes me crave baked pasta. It’s a good thing I have a slew of baked pasta recipes tucked into my back pocket or else my family would be starting to grow bored of the same old dish week after week.
The other night, I switched things up a bit and made a spicy version of one of our favourite Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta recipes. I kicked the dish up a notch with the addition of a few spices and good ol’ Sriracha. Who doesn’t love a little Sriracha from time to time?!? I know I do!
The good thing about this recipe is that it included shredded chicken. As someone who is strongly averse to meat at the moment (thank you all day sickness), I need the meat in my meals to be hidden or easily able to be eaten around. I feel like a picky toddler! Thank goodness, this is only a phase and I should hopefully be back to my old eating habits in early March. Ha, ha.
What I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. If your family can’t handle a lot of spice, you can simply omit the sriracha sauce. Either way you will be left with a scrumptious baked pasta dish that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Sriracha Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 454g box Penne Rigate
- 398ml fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring pot of water to boil, cook penne until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, saute onion and garlic in a skillet with extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until fragrant and translucent.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and spinach. Continue to cook until spinach has wilted.
- Add bacon and chicken to pan. Stir and remove from heat.
- In a small pot over medium heat combine, milk, ranch dressing, 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, spices and sriracha sauce (optional). Warm until cheese has melted.
- Return drained pasta to it’s pot. Stir in sauce, chicken, bacon and veggies. Mix well.
- Transfer to 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
* When serving, if you omitted the buffalo sauce to make this dish more friendly family know that you can drizzle sriracha sauce over your serving portion to kick up the heat, if desired
This recipe has been adapted from the original Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe that was featured on To Simply Inspire.
If you like this recipe, you may like our other recipes for:
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich
Spicy Shrimp Thai Noodles