Recently, we had the opportunity to host a Bright Starts ” League of Little Laughers” Play Date!
It is not often that we get to host a play date in our home, as all our friends with little ones around the same age as my youngest live a couple hours away. The League of Little Laughers was enough of a push to bring us all together from afar for a few hours. Well, that and good coffee! Because what Mom, doesn’t love coffee, especially when it’s a Laughing Latte.
For the play date we were provided with a Bright Starts Roll & Glow Monkey…
… A Learn & Giggle Activity Station…
… A Spin and Giggle Puppy…
… And lastly, a bunch of balls…
The little ones all had so much fun exploring and having fun with the Bright Starts toys.
The favourite from the the bunch was the Roll & Glow Monkey. The kids had fun having races with the monkey. They would crawl or walk alongside the monkey, giggling away as the monkey glowed, played music and rolled around the family room.
The other favourite among the bunch was the Learn & Giggle Activity Station. The littles enjoyed sitting around the station flipping through the flip book, pressing all the buttons and being amazed by all the sounds and melodies. It really brought out their excitement.
Of course, no play date would be complete without good food. We served a variety of fruits and veggies, puffs and infant rice rusks, along with some of these great recipes:
Bright Starts Bars
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 2-3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mash banana until smooth.
- Add oats, applesauce and craisins and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Using your hands, form mixture into bar shapes and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Roll & Go Wraps
- 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced turkey deli meat
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on tortillas.
- Top with single layer of cheese, followed by a slice of turkey meat.
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll the tortillas up tightly. Trim off ends and cut tortillas into 6 to 8 slices.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 1/3 cup hot brewed strong coffee
- Sweeten as desired using sugar, sweetener, honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Place milk in microwave safe dish, warm on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot. Remove and whisk vigorously until milk is frothy. Transfer foam into another dish until you have at least 1/8 cup of foam for each latte.
- Pour 1/2 cup of brewed coffee into each mug. Add remaining milk. Spoon foam on top and sweeten to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I received free products in order to host a Bright Starts sponsored play date. The opinions expressed are those of my own.