Many mornings go by and I always tend to struggle to come up with something to eat. Truth be told, I am far from a breakfast person. I would be quite content enjoying my morning coffee or mocha, and going about my day.
The reality is though that skipping breakfast just isn’t healthy, and if anything breakfast should be the last meal you skip each day. As what you consume for breakfast is what fuels the day ahead.
Most days, I will opt for a smoothie and a bowl of oatmeal or quinoa. Other days I want for nothing more than to enjoy a dessert for breakfast. A mug cake, if you will. Which got me thinking… If you can prepare a single serving mug cake in the microwave, there ought to be a way to prepare a muffin in the microwave. That is how this Blueberry Muffin Mug Recipe came to be.
It is a quick, easy and filling single-serving muffin that can be prepared on the fly! If you love blueberry muffins, you will surely love this recipe.
3-Minute Single Serving Blueberry Muffin Mug Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp milk (or egg nog)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large microwavable mug, add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Warm for 20 seconds until oil melts.
- Remove mug from microwave, and add all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, milk and lemon juice. Give the batter a good stir.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. If you are adding chocolate chips, you can add them at this point too. Return mug to microwave and cook for 90 seconds. Check on muffin and if be cook for 30 seconds more.
This recipe has been adapted from the original that was featured on French Press.
This recipe pairs great in the morning with a Bulletproof Coconut Oil Coffee.