No matter the holiday, I always have my kids nattering at me and begging me to make my best ever classic apple pie recipe. As well as, my simple sweet strawberry pie.
There is no denying that my children have followed suit in my families love for all things pie. I mean seriously, who doesn’t love a slice of delicious pie?! Well, other than my husband. He is a chocolate cake kind of guy. That is when you can twist his finger to even eat desserts or sweets for that matter.
This past weekend, I had the delight of hosting Christmas dinner for my Mother-in-law. The last time I saw her, I brought my Turkey Shepherd’s Pie to her house for dinner and everyone raved about it. I knew this past weekend would go off without a hitch as well, and you know what it did. Everyone loved all of my delicious creations!
The most popular dish of the evening being my – Best Ever Classic Apple Pie.
Best Ever Classic Apple Pie Recipe
- 8 cups of McIntosh Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 prepared package of pie crust (2 shells)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove pie shells from freezer and thaw (about 10 minutes).
- In a bowl, add apple slices. Toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir into bowl of apples to evenly coat.
- Add apples to pie shell. Top with crust and use fork to seal the seams of the crust.
- Place on oven and bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce heat to 350F and continue to cook for 35 to 40 minutes longer.
Love a good pie recipe, check out these 18 irresistible pie recipes.