If there is one thing you haven’t already gathered, I’m craving meals that are spicy and carb-loaded. This is why I often been flocking to a wide variety of pasta dishes.
Spicy Shrimp Thai Noodles is a meal that has been in the dinner rotation quite often. It’s a dish that offers a nice bite. If you like spice, you will just dig this heartwarming meal!
Spicy Shrimp Thai Noodles Recipe
- 45 white shrimp, cooked and devined
- 1 (375g) box linguine
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly and quartered
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (8oz) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers flakes
- A couple squeezes of lime juice (about 1-2 tsp)
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter, sriracha sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ground ginger. Stir to combine ingredients and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add in eggs and crushed red pepper flakes. Scramble eggs. Once cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook linguine until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil and onion, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add in eggs and shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes until warm.
- Stir in linguine, bean sprouts and sauce. Stir to coat. Drizzle with lime juice and give pasta a good stir again to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
This recipe is an adapted version of Domestic Superhero’s One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles.
If you like this recipe you may also like the following recipes:
Chicken & Shrimp Spicy Singapore Noodles
Buffalo Chicken Fajitas
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Penne
Crock Pot Shrimp Creole