When a craving strikes it must be satisfied. Odds are likely that my cravings are always carb-filled. Well, for the next little while they will be at the very least.
There is no denying that this pregnant Momma loves her pasta. When I say love, like I really mean I love it. I am not sure what my husband is more jealous of… My love affair with my Snoogle or my love affair with pasta. Either way both are receiving more loving than him lately. Sad reality, but true. Ha.
He can’t complain though. He benefits from my awesome creations that result from my random cravings.
This week, I found myself wanting Manicotti. Normally, I would just head to the store and by the frozen pre-made Manicotti. However, I knew that wasn’t going to suffice. I wanted the homemade stuff, but not all the extra work. This enticed me to try my hand at Slow Cooker No-Boil Manicotti. The results? Phenomenal!
Slow Cooker No-Boil Manicotti
- 475g Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Italiano or Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed, chopped & pat dry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cans (540mL) Aylmer Italian Seasoned Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 jar (750mL) pasta sauce
- 12-14 Manicotti, uncooked
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, spices, mozzarella cheese, egg, spinach and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a ziploc bag, snip off the corner of the ziploc and use it to help you pipe the cheese into the manicotti. Fill 12-14 pieces.
- At the bottom of your crockpot, add one can of stewed tomatoes with 1 cup of pasta sauce.
- Add a layer of manicotti. One layer for me was 6 pieces of manicotti.
- Top the manicotti with the other can of stewed tomatoes.
- Add final layer of manicotti.
- Top with remaining pasta sauce and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.