There is nothing I love more than a quick and easy weeknight meal. I don’t have time to fuss about in the kitchen after I pick the kids up from school. I’m too busy helping them out with homework, preparing their lunches for the next day, chasing after the toddler (that is when she isn’t chasing after me) and breaking up fights between my eldest two children. To find to time to prepare some extravagant meal on a weeknight… It just isn’t happening.
For this reason, one of the meals my family often enjoys is Buffalo Chicken Fajitas. A meal that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and is loved by everyone. (Yes, my children love a bit of spice!)
If you are looking for a new way to jazz up your weekly fajitas, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced into stir fry strips)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 spanish onion, sliced into strips
- 1.5 cup mushrooms, sliced and halved
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Ensure all ingredients are evenly coated, and marinate in the fridge overnight (or minimum 1 hour).
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add all the ingredients to the pan, cook until meat is cooked through and veggies have reached desired consistency.
- Drain off excess liquid from pan. Return pan to stove over low heat and add 1 to 2 tbsp more Franks Red Hot Sauce to taste.
- Serve alongside tortillas and garnish with rice, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, gaucamole, salsa or pico de gallo, and / or sour cream.
If you like this Buffalo Chicken Fajitas recipe, you may also like my recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas.