It’s that time of year. The temperatures are starting to decline, and really all you want to is ready yourself to head in to hibernation until Spring. Reality is that we can’t. However, we can bring comfort into our lives through heartwarming meals, warm drinks, slippers, cozy sweaters and blankets… The list could go on.
What I most look forward to during the cooler months is the ample opportunity and motivation to break out the slow cooker. I mean do you really need more a reason to break out the slow cooker… How awesome is that you can simple prepare your meal the night before or the morning of, and just walk away and let it do it’s thing over the day. Making dinner has never been easier than it has been with a slow cooker. At least that’s the way I see it.
I love to use my slow cooker to prepare many different things. Usually you will find me using it for soups, spaghetti sauce, stew and chili. Chili being one of our household favourites.
I try to steer clear of making the same chili recipe often. I like to switch it up. It keeps your taste buds guessing and belly satisfied,
If you are looking for a new variation of chili to try out, you will just want to add this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili to your dinner rotation. It is quick and easy to prepare, and requires minimal work on your behalf. What could be better?!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- 2lb. Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 2 cans (540ml) chili-style tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6oz) tin tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can romano beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced and halved
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 fl oz of chicken broth
- Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Covering a baking sheet in all-purpose flour, roll pork shoulder through flour and ensure it is fully and evenly coated. Place meat in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except meat.
- Pour contents of bowl over top of pork in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Shred and return to slow cooker. Stir well.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and serve alongside a crusty Italian loaf and/or fresh garden salad.
This recipe has been adapted from the original version that was featured on the Kraft Canada What’s Cooking website! For more recipes like this one and various other 30 minute easy dinner recipes visit the Kraft Canada website!
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are those of my own.