Halloween is just one of those many days a year when families scramble to get dinner ready and on the table quickly, so that the kids can get out the door and on their merry way trick or treating.
Don’t get me wrong – I love a quick and easy meal to prepare on just about any weeknight. However, there are times I am more heavily reliant on a meal that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Halloween is just one of those occasions!
This Halloween, there is no need to finger dial and order pizza! Rather, just whip up this kid-friendly One Pan Penne Pasta Skillet. Your kids will love it. You will love it. It’s guaranteed!
One Pan Penne Pasta Skillet
- 1lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce (approx 700ml)
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 sweet orange bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3 cups tri-colour penne
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper, and brown meat in skillet over medium heat with onion, pepper, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Drain off excess fat.
- Add pasta sauce, broth, italian dressing and penne. Stir well. Simmer on medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes or until pasta is cooked to desired consistency.
- Top with mozzarella and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and serve.
This recipe has been adapted from the original version which was featured on the Kraft What’s Cooking Website.
For other quick and easy recipes, like this one, visit Kraft Canada What’s Cooking! You are sure to be inspired.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this program. All opinions are those of my own.