This pregnancy has been one that hasn’t found me craving a whole lot of anything. If anything I find myself turning my nose up at more food than I can stomach. My go-to staples right now consist of potato chips, homemade pizza pockets and Jamaican patties. All alternatives that aren’t exactly healthy, but at least they’re options that settle.
Oddly enough, today was one of those rare instances that I actually had a craving. I was craving something sweet, spicy and savoury. Protein is something I am lacking a lot of these days, so I decided to take my craving and create a quick and easy plate of Jalapeño Deviled Eggs. A meal that would a nice afternoon snack or be perfect to serve up as an appetizer at a dinner party!
Jalapeño Deviled Eggs
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 2 tbsp Kraft Calorie-Wise Miracle Whip
- 2 tbsp Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Pickled Jalapeños and/or pineapple slivers (garnish)
- Paprika (garnish)
- Peel eggs and cut in half length-wise. Pop yolks out into a small bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks and mix in miracle whip, cream cheese and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon into egg white cavities, and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and slice of pickled Jalapeño and/or pineapple.
This recipe can easily be doubled and modified by following these directions over on Kraft Canada.
For more great information on Philadelphia Cream Products, as well as recipes visit the Kraft Canada website.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. Compensation has been received in exchange for this post. All opinions are those of my own.