When I think of back-to-school, I fondly remember how much I used to love heading back to class when I was a youngster. It was a time to reconnect with friends, making new friends and learn. The return to a regular routine was an added bonus too.
However, I am not going to lie. The part I looked forward to most was knowing that back-to-school meant back to being able to enjoy delicious after school snacks.
One of my favourite being Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares. These squares are decadent, making them a great treat to treat yourself to in moderation. My Mom would always make a huge batch of my Nannie’s recipe and store it in the freezer. This way she could serve a slice here and there to my brother and I after school. A tradition I look forward to keeping up with my own children.
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
- 1/4 cup Gay Lea Spreadables Butter
- 1/2 cup smooth creamy peanut butter (you could easily substitute the peanut butter for WowButter)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 cups rainbow miniature marshmallows
- In a medium size pot over medium low heat, melt butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips. Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 4 cups of miniature marshmallows.
- Transfer to an 8×8 dish and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Visit the Gay Lea website for access to great recipes and information on the products. Gay Lea also sends out monthly newsletters featuring great content, tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with Mom Central Canada.