At my bridal shower — 8 years ago — my Aunt had asked all the attendees to bring a cue card with one of their favourite recipes handwritten out on it. These cue cards were collected and presented to me in a small recipe box that I will forever cherish.
One of my favourite recipes from the collection is a recipe that has been floating around in my family for years. The recipe is for spinach dip.
My family knows that when there is a family function that I will be attending that there better be lots of kielbasa, cheese, shrimp cocktail and spinach dip to go around. I’m known to devour it all, but mostly the spinach dip. Simply because it’s so amazing!
So today I am going to share with you that family recipe that was passed down to me in hopes that one day you will make it and enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 bag of spinach, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of Gay Lea Sour Cream
- 1 package vegetable soup mix (sometimes I will substitute this with a package of leek soup mix – just to switch it up)
- In a bowl mix together mayo, sour cream and vegetable soup mix. Set aside.
- Pat down steamed spinach with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Once the moisture has been removed from the spinach, mix in to the mayo, sour cream and vegetable soup mix.
- Store dip in an air tight container and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- This dip is perfect to serve in a pumpernickel loaf bread bowl.
Here’s your chance to win a Gay Lea BBQ Kit that also includes a one year supply of Gay Lea Product coupons! To enter simply complete the contest entry form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Please note that while you may enter this giveaway across multiple blogs that you may only win from one selected blog. This contest ends on July 31, 2015 and is open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec.
For More Info!
Visit the Gay Lea website for access to great recipes and information on the products. Gay Lea also sends out monthly newsletters featuring great content, tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with Mom Central Canada.