Whether you are heading out on a picnic or throwing a Summer party, it is important to have thirst quenching drinks on hands. Ones that are family friendly and can be enjoyed by just about anyone.
Punches are so versatile and are delicious to enjoy on a hot Summer day. You can serve them up as a non-alcoholic option, but also with the option for guests to infuse them with their favourite shot of liquor.
Having previously been pregnant during the Summer months, I can attest to how much I can appreciate a delicious glass of punch when attending a cook-out or BBQ. Anything fancier than a boring ol’ glass of water made me a happy pregnant lady back in the day. Ha, ha.
Cherry Watermelon Punch Recipe
- 4 single serve packets of Kool-Aid Cherry Sugar Sweetened Drink Mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Place drink mix in glass pitcher. Add water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in ice, juice and soda.
- Pour into a punch bowl or serve from pitcher.
- Serve in a high ball glass and top it all off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice to create a delicious cherry watermelon zinger.
Looking for other punch recipes? Check out this recipe for Kool-Aid Punch. Similar to the recipe I have shared with you above, but rather infused with hints of cranberry.
Speaking of picnics… A picnic wouldn’t be complete without a great sandwich. Doesn’t this Country Sandwich Recipe sound good? The only change I would make to this recipe would be to skip the Kraft Single and replace it with Cracker Barrel Réserve Cheese.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, get a Buy 2, Get 1 Free coupon for Cracker Barrel Réserve Cheese at http://www.kraftcanada.com/
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are those of my own.