With the next long weekend upon us… Not that I wouldn’t call it a long weekend being that the holiday falls mid-week. Regardless, our focus has now shifted to Canada Day Recipes. Great recipes that would be perfect to bring along to any barbecues you might be attending.
One of our favourite foods to enjoy is potato salad. I recently found a recipe that is much similar to the Great Canadian Potato Salad that my Mom would make during my childhood. The only difference was that she would omit the onion, celery seed and add radishes. We gave the recipe a try and it was nothing short of YUMazing!
The Great Canadian Potato Salad
- 5-6 red potatoes (peeled and cooked), chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup Calorie-Wise Miracle Whip
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, Miracle Whip, mustard, and ground black pepper. Combine well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Store in an air tight container and chill in the fridge for several hours before serving.
If you love potato salad, you will also love this recipe for Potato Caesar Salad!
Disclosure: I am a Kraft What’s Cooking Contributor. I receive special perks and compensation as a part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are those of my own.