When I look back on my childhood, I can vividly recall chocolate pudding being one of my absolute favourite treats. Fast forward to this past July when I had to have my wisdom teeth removed. A time where I rekindled my love for chocolate pudding.
Given my love for this decadent treat, do you think I had ever tried my hand at making a homemade pudding? Nope.
Today I had to remedy that. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen cooking and baking. One of my many creations was a Chocolate Pudding Parfait featuring a combination of Chocolate Pudding and Gay Lea Light Whipped Cream. The end result was sweet (but not too sweet), airy, chocolaty goodness… Who doesn’t love a wine glass full of chocolaty goodness?!?
Chocolate Pudding Parfait
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4-5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Gay Lea Light Whipped Cream
- In a medium pot, combine cocoa powder and water until in forms a smooth paste.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and 1.5 cups of milk to the pot. Bring to boil of medium high heat.
- While waiting for cocoa mixture boil, combine 1/2 cup milk and 3 tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Once cocoa mixture starts to boil, stir in cornstarch mixture. Continue to heat through until the pudding starts to thicken. Once it starts to thicken remove put from heat and press plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding as it cools to help prevent it from forming a film.
- Once cooled dish pudding into wine glasses. Layer the pudding and Gay Lea Light Whipped Cream to form a parfait. Garnish with chocolate shavings and a raspberry.
Visit the Gay Lea website for access to great recipes and information on the products. Gay Lea also sends out monthly newsletters featuring great content, tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with Mom Central Canada.