Christmas Eve is just one month away. How crazy is that?!?
While my family decorated our house a few weeks ago, I have yet to get into the holiday spirit. I am just not feeling it this year. I haven’t started Christmas shopping.
The one thing I have started doing is the process of baking and freezing my annual holiday cookies. Baking is something you normally won’t find me partaking in. Only around the holidays. I have my Grandma to thank for starting that little tradition. My cousins and I would always meet up at my Grandmother’s house in the weeks leading up to Christmas during our childhood, and bake dozens of cookies. This is a tradition I plan to keep alive with my own children.
This past Sunday morning, my son and I pulled out our Gay Lea Butter, recipe book and got creating in the kitchen.
My son was craving chocolate chip cookies, and I was craving oatmeal cookies… We compromised and created a cookie that brought the best of both worlds together.
Soft Baked Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip & Craisin Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Gay Lea Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a mixer, and beat together brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and butter in a large bowl.
- Add flour, oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, white chocolate chips and craisins. Mix well.
- Lightly grease your baking sheet, roll cookie dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet, leaving 2″ between each ball.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. The cookie will be very soft when you remove them from the oven, but they do stiffen up as they cool.
Show Us How you Enjoy your Shortbread Contest!
Gay Lea wants to know how you like to enjoy your shortbread. You can share with them by uploading a photo to Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtag #GayLeaShortbread. By participating, you will be entered to win one of three great prizes, including a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. The contest is open to Canada (exlcuding Quebec), and closes at 11:59PM ET on November 30, 2014. For full contest rules and regulations, click here.
Checkout the Gay Lea website for access to great recipes and information on the products. Gay Lea also sends out monthly newsletters featuring great content, tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with Mom Central Canada.