As a parent, you always want to make sure that your family stays out of harm’s way.
With colder weather just around the corner and furnaces firing up once again, Duracell and First Alert have teamed up to share critical carbon monoxide safety tips to help keep you and your family safe.
Did you know? Ontario recently made installing Carbon Monoxide alarms in homes a mandatory act.
Here are Duracell and First Alert’s top five CO tips for winter:
- Get a professional to check your furnace, your appliances and ensure your chimney is cleaned properly.
- Install at least one carbon monoxide alarm with an audible warning signal near the sleeping areas in your home, and have at least one alarm on each level.
- During power outages, if running a generator be sure to operate it in a well-ventilated area.
- Use the time change this month as a reminder to test your CO detector and change its batteries with Duracell AA batteries.
- While it may be tempting to warm up the car on cold days, don’t leave your car running in the garage even if the garage door is open.
To put you on the right track for the winter season, I’m excited to have a CO Safety Bundle (valued at nearly $45*) to give away to one lucky reader. The CO Safety Bundle includes:
* This giveaway ends on December 7, 2014 at 11:59PM EST. Giveaway is open to residents of Canada only (excluding Quebec).
Disclosure: By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada. Please note giveaways are only open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec, and will not be sent out of the country.