Over the past few months I have been quite the slacker around the dinner hour. I would usually be too caught up in enjoying baby snuggles or busy nursing my baby girl. So for all good reasons I would let dinner slide, and takeout became the norm.
I am desperate to ease back into my healthy lifestyle. One that involves regular exercise and home-cooked meals. As result I have found myself breaking out my trusty slow cooker more frequently. A great way to throw together a quick and easy meal.
One of my good friends sent me a recipe for Creamy Italian Chicken a while back and I have been wanting to try it for a while, but could never find a key ingredient… Italian Dressing Seasoning. I decided to take matters into my own hand and whip up my own version of Italian Dressing Seasoning, so that I could recreate this delicious recipe that my friend had shared with me. The result was phenomenal.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp italian dressing seasoning (recipe below)
- 4oz low fat cream cheese
- 3 cups fussili pasta
- Mix 1 tbsp of italian dressing seasoning with cream of chicken soup. Add to slow cooker. Place chicken on top of sauce. Cook on low 4 hours.
- After 4 hours remove the chicken. Shred. Add chicken back to slow cooker. Give it a good stir to ensure it is evenly coated in the sauce. Place cream cheese on top of chicken. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- During those 30 minutes cook your pasta until al dente. Drain and stir into sauce. Serve.
Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- Add all of the spices to a ziplock bag. Shake to combine well.