There is no sound more sweet and sacred than the sound of sleeping child. Yes – you heard me. I love that blessed, golden silence that accompanies nap time or that unveils itself after a long day of play with the children. I love my children with all my heart, but I long for the 7PM hour when I can just kick my feet up, relax with a chilled glass of vino and bask in the glorious silence.
However, bedtime doesn’t come easily around here. Who am I kidding?! Between a 3 year old who wants cup of milk after cup of milk, a 5 year old who wants to play until the wee morning hours and an infant who wants nothing more than to be in Mommy’s arms. Bedtime proves to be a chore at the best of times. My husband and I tend to take it by stride and just roll with the punches.
We have found by introducing a swaddling blanket to the youngest of our munchkins that she is has been a lot easier to settle at night. Too bad we can’t also get away with swaddling the 3 and 5 year old too.
Why ‘Swaddle Up’?
Medical research suggests that babies sleep better if they are swaddled & they can self soothe.
The Genius of ‘Swaddle Up’ Original
- Arms are positioned UP in wing position. With arms up, the baby can self-soothe, which is proven leads to less wake ups. The arms being placed upwards may also help prevent the baby from rolling on to his or her tummy.
- The Swaddle Up has an ergonomically designed womb-like fit. This helps calm the startle reflex.
- The Swaddle Up is made of a single layer of trans-seasonal cotton elastane fabric, which helps reduce the risk of the infant overheating.
- The Swaddle Up features a smart zip-UP design, which reduces the risk of the swaddle unraveling whilst the baby is sleeping.
- The Swaddle Up is seam-free on the inside providing that extra smidgen of comfort for baby.
- The twin zipper design of the Swaddle Up makes diaper changes less of a hassle.
Prior to introducing the Love to Swaddle Up to our nap and bed time routine, I found my infant always had this incessant need to be in my arms. Nursing her to sleep and transitioning her from arms to the bassinet was a nightmare. It was almost as if my infant would laugh at me each time upon trying to place her in her bassinet. Waking up and immediately smiling at me. Quickly she would find her way back into my arms. As much as I love getting in my share of baby snuggles, there comes a point when I love and look forward to a break. Bed time being one of them.
Currently I am in the process of nap training my little bambina. It has proven to be an adventure. Some days she takes to it. Other days not so much. The Love to Swaddle Up has come in quite handy. It applies gentle, even pressure around the baby’s body. This can help soothe and settle the baby aiding in them to sleep for longer stretches. With two loud children roaming the house during nap time, I also love that the Swaddle Up offers a womb-like fit. This has helped calm Everly’s startle reflex. Trust me – when I say she can startle quite easily from the constant hustle and bustle of her siblings.
The Swaddle Up has made it possible for me to enjoy a wee bit of freedom over the course of the day. Everly no longer constantly needs to nap in my arms, but rather will transition for 30 minutes at a time to the bassinet after a good nursing session. Much more than I can say about before. The Love to Swaddle Up has been a godsend.
Enter to win a Love to Dream Swaddle Up Blanket. To enter complete the Rafflecopter form below, and leave me a comment telling me one piece of advice you would offer an expectant or new Mom.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, and closes on July 31, 2014 at 12:01AM EST.
Join the Love to Dream Sleep Revolution!
If you are expecting or a new parent, I highly recommend checking out the PTPA awarding winning, Swaddle Up by Love to Dream. To learn more about Love to Swaddle Up visit their website.
Disclosure: I received a product sample to help cultivate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are those of my own.